VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
great if it could be used for some charity cause buzzing around Braunton with Lees Animal graphics and some memorial reference to Lee from the forum and friends, obviously a sensitive time and there must be a 101 things for family and friends to sort out but i would love to see it still around in Lees memory...............

Rod

·
Registered
652 Posts
Rod,
Glad you mentioned some kind of memorial... we were talking about it the other day, but as you say... sensitive time. Maybe Mikey can advise, but surely some kind of forum fundraiser (I'd happily pay extra to attend an extra Lobb event) to raise funds for his family would be good.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Rod, i too have been thinking of something like this only slightly bigger plansI:. Lee told me what he had planned for the van and it included a 2 tone paint job and various other modifications to transform it from looking like a mobilty bus into more of a kitted up camper but still keeping the wheelchair lift and other gear.

I would love to bring Lee's dream to reality but i think it would take a serious amount of money or good will gestures..... but who knows? There are some very kind members on here who may be able to offer their skills or parts to make it possible.

Also, Maybe Lee's wife might need the money thats tied up in the van and might want rid of it?

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rod, i too have been thinking of something like this only slightly bigger plansI:. Lee told me what he had planned for the van and it included a 2 tone paint job and various other modifications to transform it from looking like a mobilty bus into more of a kitted up camper but still keeping the wheelchair lift and other gear.

I would love to bring Lee's dream to reality but i think it would take a serious amount of money or good will gestures..... but who knows? There are some very kind members on here who may be able to offer their skills or parts to make it possible.

Also, Maybe Lee's wife might need the money thats tied up in the van and might want rid of it?
Wonder if between the forum we could buy the van, do the mods, and then donate it in Lees memory , then finance wise it would help out Debby as well.........just a thought

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If you want any carpetting doing, then I'd be only to happy to help out. I know it's not much, but it's all I'm good at when it comes to vans............ :)

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I have spoke to Mikey about Lees van as i have a customer whose garden i tend too, who might be interested in it...shes a lovelly lady who was a passenger in a car a few years back when they were involved in a horrific accident..it left her paralysed from the waist down. She drove a mobility car for a while but had to give up driving due to the fact her children went to uni etc and she always needed someone with her to put her chair away in the boot, once she got into her car..

I spoke to her about Lee's van when he first aquired it and she said if i ever hear about a simular vehicle let her know..I have let her know due to the tragic circumstances Lee's van is available probably and she is very keen...

i need to speak to the family to see what the situation is but i feel it'll be nice to see the van being used as it was intended..to help a person with disabilities get back on the road and gain that little bit more independance that we all enjoy and they seek.. :)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Has Lee got two vans- white animal van and the one with wheelchair adaptions? or did he manage to sell the white one?

Just noticed i used present tense- cant believe Lee isnt with us anymore

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has Lee got two vans- white animal van and the one with wheelchair adaptions? or did he manage to sell the white one?

Just noticed i used present tense- cant believe Lee isnt with us anymore
The Animal van was sold on..........

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Ok just to update you all on this, the van is going to be sold, hopefully too someone who will benefit from the type of van it is. The money will be very useful to Lee's widow and son. As for another event, they are doing the Car trek every year now so would be nice next year if we got some teams together in vans to do that. T:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok just to update you all on this, the van is going to be sold, hopefully too someone who will benefit from the type of van it is. The money will be very useful to Lee's widow and son. As for another event, they are doing the Car trek every year now so would be nice next year if we got some teams together in vans to do that. T:
Shame we cant buy it, but i guess that would be real difficult, Mike whaddya reckon on Lobbs letting us get a memorial bench down there, maybe in the shape of a surf board, a permanent reminder right as you enter the site...it'll be a forum thing, reckon we could all chuck a few quid in...........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts