VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance for any help.

I pick up my T5 on monday and cant wait to get it converted. it already has limo tint windows in the park and is lined and insulated.

to start with i just have two questions.

I am going to get vynl floor from megavanmats, is putting the floor down easy?

i want a leisure battery and mains hook up, is that a job a lay person would be able to under take? my friend is a sparky so i could always buy him a pint and use his expertise for a couple of hours.

Thanks again

Foto.Dogg

·
Registered
329 Posts
I installed my split charger and leisure battery myself, its pretty straight forward, the worst bit for me was running the cable from the engine bay back to the rear, and that wasnt really that hard..
As for mains hookup, its not hard to get in either, but the slightly more tricky bit comes depending on if you want it to be external which most people do, and therefore where you put it and the associated holes, mounting etc for doing that bit..

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance for any help.

I pick up my T5 on monday and cant wait to get it converted. it already has limo tint windows in the park and is lined and insulated.

to start with i just have two questions.

I am going to get vynl floor from megavanmats, is putting the floor down easy?

i want a leisure battery and mains hook up, is that a job a lay person would be able to under take? my friend is a sparky so i could always buy him a pint and use his expertise for a couple of hours.

Thanks again

Foto.Dogg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about having it inside near the drivers seat poking the hook up cable through the window deflectors will stop the rain coming in. does the elec hook up charge the leisure battery too?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I see a lot of T5's with the hook up slung under the rear bumper so waterproof unless you park in a really deep puddle!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts