VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let all of you know, that Andy at First Glass fitted two privacy glass windows to my T4 and it is an absolute top class job, they are fitted properly, as per VW spec with stitched skins and bonded glass, the seal is totally uniform all the way round and there is no mess or signs of fitting. The glass sits as it should in the recess, it is not proud on the outside and there is no need for a trim on the inside either. A real neat job.
I looked around at other vans, other suppliers and other fitters, I also looked at doing the job myself, but decided on First Glass after seeing my mates van done by him.
I am so glad I did, you get what you pay for....
Nice bloke, good communications, efficient service and a Guarantee!
Would have no hesitation in using him again, Highly recommended, with peace of mind.
What more can I say.
Cheers Andy! T: T:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Seconded from me. Had a pair of sliding tinted windows fitted to mine and i couldn't be happier! As you say they fit flush, tidy inside, no leeks or rattles just a proper job. Nice bloke to deal with and very efficient service. Cheers Andy (sorry I haven't put any pics up Andy, I still haven't cleaned itI:)

Not the cheapest, and i don't want to enter into the old debate about that, but for what i wanted, bonded skins so my seatbelts were right, it was money well spent.

highly recommended if you want your windows fitted rightA:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
redledvw

There is something more that you can say......it was only after seeing my windows fitted by Andy, that you decided to have similar done!

Cheers mate, see you at the shed in the morning!

Thanks to Andy for great windows (you might remember me - ratty old white van from weymouth, with you a month or two back). I'll post some pics of your work when funds allow the project to be completed.

Cheers
Pigman

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Thumbs up from me too! You get what you pay for in my experience, and well fitted glass is something you do want!

Andy and Mark re-fitted a leaky windscreen for me (originally badly fitted by a mobile fitter through the insurance) and my problems are all fixed now. Just got to put the cab mat back in now that everything is all dried out.

I drove down there from Northants, so not exactly on my doorstep, but wouldn't hesitate to make the trip there again should I ever think about getting some rear windows added.

Within a 2 min walk from their new place is a Maccy D's and a cash machine too which is handy!

Top blokes! T:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thumbs up from me too! You get what you pay for in my experience, and well fitted glass is something you do want!

Andy and Mark re-fitted a leaky windscreen for me (originally badly fitted by a mobile fitter through the insurance) and my problems are all fixed now. Just got to put the cab mat back in now that everything is all dried out.

I drove down there from Northants, so not exactly on my doorstep, but wouldn't hesitate to make the trip there again should I ever think about getting some rear windows added.

Within a 2 min walk from their new place is a Maccy D's and a cash machine too which is handy!

Top blokes! T:
I should consider myself lucky as they are right on my doorstep :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.