VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I think I may have posted this before in the wrong place. I hope someone may be able to give me some advice on the following:-
I am sorry to say I have a few more questions! I will try to limit them!
I have a 2012 140 LWB van – will be collecting it at the end of this month and I want to get a few materials ready in advance.
Having browsed the wealth of experience here I am thinking of stripping out, applying Silent coat audio deadening from Car Audio Direct,(I have read some people prefer flash-band but others complain of the bitchamin smell, any consensus?), then spraying inside the panels with Plasti-kote to reduce chance of rusting.

I have looked up Plasti-kote – what do people use, I'm guessing the colour is immaterial but there is matt, gloss or primer? Is it advisable to get the gun?
Sorry to appear naïve but I have spent 21K on the van and don't want to do anything that might deteriorate it.
Thanks in anticipation of some advice.
Regards,
John.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
... I've used flash band on all my conversions (4) and would use it again if I do another, never smelt bitumen in my vans :*

After all the trouble VW has gone to in rust proofing your van, I think plastikote is a bit OTT. Your van, do whatever protects your investment best, just enjoy it T:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply oily.
I will go with flashband but I might just apply a dose of Plasti-kote to give me that extra peace of mind.
Thanks again for your help.
John.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts