VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. We started our conversion today. Thought we would put some pictures up as we go along. We've made a list of all the bits and bobs we've brought too, so hopefully that will be of use to other first-timers in the future.

We really appreciate all the help and advice we've had from the forum so far. It's great to make use of your collective experience and genius - so thank you! Comments and suggestions on our conversion are welcome and just let us know if there's anything you would like more detail on.

Thanks again guys

Ade and Jen

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Good luck - you'll love it :) I, like you, was jumped in as a complete novice but this forum is awesome and will keep you right (check out my thread below - hopefully give you some tips).

I'm enjoying it so much that I'll be sad when it's done and we can finally use it ! Might have to buy another .......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys, although I haven't been keeping the thread as updated as I would have liked the conversion is in full swing! Most important things done first!I:
New head unit pioneer 3600 with DAB
New R8 style lights and fog lights with DRL cable,
Electric windows!
Reversing camera,
Insulation,
New flooring - went for adhesive tiles from B&Q were easy to use an liked the finish! We'll see how it lasts
Double swivel seat installed
Insulation and sound proofing
Split charge system and 240V hook up almost done and the leisure battery under the drivers seat!
Now onto carpet lining and redoing the headlining before installing the units and internal lights (went for ikea ones) and sink etc then into the bed.
Will upload some pictures later!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, a big thanks to lots of threads that have really helped me out so far! a few pics of my progress added

1 - 5 of 5 Posts