VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Already been learning a lot on the forum which has been great. Been thinking about taking the plunge on a van for a while and my wife and I finally went for it.

2001 T4 1.9td with 160k miles on it. Already had the timing, alternator and power steering belts changed for peace of mind as previous owner wasn't sure when they were last done and he'd had the van for 40k miles.

Recent respray, but gave everything a good inspection and couldn't find any visible trace of rust. Done a couple of hundred miles so far and it has run really well, turns over quickly and always starts first time.

Interior is pretty basic at the moment and hoping to do a full DIY fit out later this summer with pallet wood. Also looking into getting a pop top fitted and found T4mation in Leeds who seem to do it at a reasonable price with full finish and reinforcing.

Also had a very tentative look at running the van on vegetable oil, or a 50/50 mix to save a bit of cash and limit the CO2 emissions.
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Car

Looking forward to learning more on the forum and getting out in the van over summer, first trip booked to the Isle of Islay in late July.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi all,

Already been learning a lot on the forum which has been great. Been thinking about taking the plunge on a van for a while and my wife and I finally went for it.

2001 T4 1.9td with 160k miles on it. Already had the timing, alternator and power steering belts changed for peace of mind as previous owner wasn't sure when they were last done and he'd had the van for 40k miles.

Recent respray, but gave everything a good inspection and couldn't find any visible trace of rust. Done a couple of hundred miles so far and it has run really well, turns over quickly and always starts first time.

Interior is pretty basic at the moment and hoping to do a full DIY fit out later this summer with pallet wood. Also looking into getting a pop top fitted and found T4mation in Leeds who seem to do it at a reasonable price with full finish and reinforcing.

Also had a very tentative look at running the van on vegetable oil, or a 50/50 mix to save a bit of cash and limit the CO2 emissions.
View attachment 205681
Looking forward to learning more on the forum and getting out in the van over summer, first trip booked to the Isle of Islay in late July.
Welcome pal, nice looking van, same model as mine.
Just get it serviced regular, oil change essential and all should run smooth.
I run a mix of veg oil / diesel but to be honest not so much any more die to the price of veg oil, it just ain’t worth the hassle I don’t think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts