VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first trip in “Charlie” now named by my lad, amazed at the friendliness of fellow VW owners from the simple hello wave to the letting you out at junctions and stuff.

My lad is loving the W hand signal.

We’ve driven from Manchester to Portsmouth, Portsmouth to West Wales then back to Manchester over the last 10 days.

My Reg plate is my username here so hello if I see you on future journeys.

Ps, I’m not a waving initiator yet but always from one back if I spot it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
It's great isn't it, already fun driving around in the van but made better when you see a fellow owner and wave W:

Coming back from Wales a few weeks ago, one of my mates young girls wanted to travel in the van with me, so I explained we had to wave at over VW's, after a few we rounded a corner and saw a Merc van, she asks "is that one", I said "no no, we don't wave at those" :no proper van snob moment LOL:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's great isn't it, already fun driving around in the van but made better when you see a fellow owner and wave W:

Coming back from Wales a few weeks ago, one of my mates young girls wanted to travel in the van with me, so I explained we had to wave at over VW's, after a few we rounded a corner and saw a Merc van, she asks "is that one", I said "no no, we don't wave at those" :no proper van snob moment LOL:

Haha love it, my 9 year old was explaining to the Mrs that builders vans aren’t included!

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Haha love it, my 9 year old was explaining to the Mrs that builders vans aren’t included!

Yeah I get that too, see a VW approaching, get ready to wave then notice it's sign written M: AA and Sky vans are nearly always waved at till the last minute.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I’ll stick to waving back for now, can’t handle the rejection haha

·
Registered
812 Posts
Don’t get as many waves in my Kombi (work van) as the only external “mod” is a lower grille honeycomb cover. Definitely get more waves in my camper as it’s got a splitter and black roof, oh and a bike rack :ILU:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts