VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Well since having the van we've not been on many day trips so as the weather was awesome we thought we'd head to the beach!! As our van was a builders van all of its life its probably the first time its ever been near a beach but definitely won't be the last!

Anyway, took some pics of the day!

We need a table, some cupboards and chairs soon but we managed lunch!!

My girlfriend decided she didn't wanna leave so this happened: (next few pics)

I also fitted new number plates the same day! I think they look far better than the cracked ones that were on there before:

And towards the end of our day we saw this and thought it was cool even if it is a transit!

He even had a huge scooby doo sat in the passenger seat! :D

Anyway, hope everyone else had a good weekend!
Cheers
Mark :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cayton Bay, home of the surfer with thick wetsuit and strong calves ;)

How'd you find the walk up from the beach :) you carrying a board for that?

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The awesome Cayton Bay! We haven't tried surfing yet but its on our 'to do' list!! The walk is a bit of a killer but worth it every time. We usually head off wakeboarding on Sundays but after having a huge tooth pulled out which is very sore and my girl busting her arm, we decided a stroll along the beaches would be good in the sun! :D

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, i did wanna drive the van onto the sand in Scarborough for some pics but it was too dark when we left :( Gives us an excuse to go back there soon!! :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I to have been to the beach today T:

Had a pint outside the pub watching the ladies go by with my son (aged 24)

Then looked at getting a Sea Kayak :eek: "at my age too"

But then i only live only 3 miles from the beach I:

Will be there again tomorrow no doupt A:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
i want one of them but only looking, we got a towshure advert in one of the mags they do an inflatable one for about 100 of your hard earnd, but dont know what they would be like at sea, :eek:

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have a Sevylor inflatable 2man kayak that was around £250. Its covered in a hard wearing cover and we've grounded it many times without problems. We took that to Cayton Bay last year and used it in the sea for a while. Hardest thing was getting over the waves but once thats been mastered its pretty good at sea.

Only reason we bought inflatable is we have nowhere to store a full rigid boat at home.

Mark :)

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgot to add...we saw a video of someone white water kayaking in it and it looked to handle pretty well for an inflatable...another reason we decided to get it. Has a large removeable fin underneath for stability too. They'll never handle quite like a full rigid plastic kayak but they're far better than a few years back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts