VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. With tips and advice from folks on this forum I've just completed my build. I'm sort of retiring and aiming to use VW build projects to keep me busy and make a little pocket money.

I bought a 2015 T5 panel van, gutted it and set about creating something smart and functional. What a learning experience. Who supplies all the stuff you need? How do the electrics work? What would be the ideal setup? Lots to discover...

I went from a ply lined metal box to something a little more inspiring. The van is now up for sale on Autotrader and I look forward to the next project, which will hopefully be even better as I learn more by doing.

Adding just a few pics in this post with the full spec and pics here 2015 Red Volkswagen Transporter Highline Campervan, no Vat T5.1 for sale for £32,500 in RUGBY, WARWICKSHIRE

Hope you like...

Andrew

Vehicle Automotive tire Trunk Car Fixture

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Vehicle Property Motor vehicle Van Automotive exterior

Table Property Furniture Bottle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Van Trunk

·
Registered
13,294 Posts
Hi Andrew , have you mentioned service history and cam belt ? I didnt notice it .
Awning rail ? And what kind of implications does the installation of things like gas and lecky have on you as a converter /seller ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
What a transformation, well done you and good luck with the sale Andrew and future conversions.

ps I've just retired also and about to renovate our sixth property here in France. You have to keep busy don't you?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Looks like a smart conversion! I'd definitely consider getting some kind of liability insurance though if you're planning on converting a few vehicles and making money from your little venture.
There's a clear difference between a private seller and commercial and as B&T says, buyers will want some reassurance regards to the electric and gas installs when they're spending that kind of money. If something goes wrong with either, you may be held liable.
Good luck with it though, beats spending retirement on a bowling green or the golf course! 😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. I hadn't thought about the liability angle. Top tips again. I'll look into it. I'll also add some more info on the service history on the Autotrader ad.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yeah - it looks tops and I'm sure you'll have no problems selling it especially in the current market.

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Will have to keep an eye out as I'm from Rugby (y)

Also, just putting on my geek glasses, are some of those pics taken at Pitsford Water? :geek:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If you haven't already, I'd recommend joiing the Dubbed Out Community facebook group - there's usually a few people on there looking for campers so you may have yourself a few potential buyers waiting without the hassles of listing on Autotrader / eBay n the likes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts