VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This is hampshires meet that oxford and us berkshire lot are going to gate crash to make one of the biggest meets ever.

below is details of their meet pinched from hampshires page, but looks like we will not be able to camp as i think they are up to numbers.

April meet & camp over in the New Forest :)
Cunning plan for the weekend of the 20th April...

General idea is to go to the Hampshire meet at Lee on Solent for a fish and chip lunch on Saturday 20 April, then retire to a lovely campsite in the New Forest for a night, complete with camp fire and light refreshments, perhaps even a communal BBQ if the weather allows. Sunday might involve a sunday roast at a country pub, and/or a drive up to the Surrey meet.

Details of the campsite etc are posted below :) Looks great and is highly recommended!

Hopefully get a good Hampshire group + some from Surrey/Sussex/Dorset/IOW. Reckon it could be a good laugh.

I've booked and paid for space at the campsite for 15 vans. I can easily change the numbers up until the 17th March, and after that, I can only get extra vans in if there is space at the campsite. The campsite also need to know how many people will be in each van (but the price is still only £13.50 per van regardless of how many you have stuffed in it!). Update: changed the booking to 30 vans!! Becoming a bit of a gathering this!

So, I need to have final numbers and payment by Sunday 17 March please! You can slip me some cash at one of the regular forum meets (promise it won't look dodgy!), or alternatively I can PM you some bank account details. I should be at the Hampshire meets on 21 Feb and 21 March, and the Surrey meet on 17 March.

Please remember the Hampshire meet starts from midday on Saturday at the Beach Road Carpark Marine Parade East, Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, United Kingdom, PO13 9LA. Originally this was going to be a bit later, but we need to allow some time to cruise over to the New Forest and set up camp!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Its up to almost 50 vans from all over so gives Jamie-Colonial Jim - a shout and i'm sure he'll find space for anyone who wants to go

·
Registered
222 Posts
Im going and camping too i know of four other vans all coming from the oxford area maybe we could meet up on the way down ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
If anyone wants to know more about Lee-on-the-Solent and hasn't been before, let me know as I grew up close to it and spent most of my childhood on the beach :D

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Any extras can still book direct with the campsite for the saturday night (campingintheforest.co.uk - Hollands Wood)...

Just saying I:

·
previously known as: BobbyT4
180 Posts
Some of us Berkshire folk are cruising down to the meet with the Oxfordshire lot.
Meeting chieveley services 1000-1015
Oxfordshire folk getting to chieveley for 1015-1030
All depart chieveley 1030-1045

Should be a good day :ILU:

·
previously known as: BobbyT4
180 Posts
What can I say.......... Wot a brilliant day had by all, sun was shining all day and there was some lovely vans :ILU:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts