VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why oh why did i not fit these when i bought the t4..
they make a monumental differance,every corner-every bump in the road-every braking point. i have been on a long 2 weeks in devon and cornwall 2 bikes on the back fully loaded for 2 weeks, and it seemed to bounce a lot, i could feel every bump in the counry roads and on the way back we went to bugjam at santa pod and the road to santa pod felt like a landrover test track, so when i got back i went online with t4srus and noticed that bilstein b4 shox cover for lowered vehicles too...job done...well recomend them..A:

·
Registered
56 Posts
hi all i fitted the belstein b4 yesterday and notched the suspension arms and i must agree what a differance no more bangs and nice and smooth really happy put new track rod ends on as well im putting new drop links and top and bottom ball joints on tomorrow that should make it perfect really really happy with these shocks i highly recomend them to anyone i pais £200 for fleabay best thing iv done yet, tim

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have Gaz djustables and if im honest they are a pain, i can never seem to get the settings right, and am seriously considering a change, was thinking Sachs HD but like you allways thoght that the B6 were the only ones to have. Some food for thought there. T:
I don't have any issues with the Gaz ones, got them set pretty much near the hardest setting and the van handles like a go kart

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
I don't have any issues with the Gaz ones, got them set pretty much near the hardest setting and the van handles like a go kart
agree with this also...fitted loads of these too and again no complaints...as you say takes a bit of adjustment...but ride well once sorted..T:

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you lived by me, you would not like them on the hardest settings that is why i want to chnge then as the balance is hard to get.
They are good shocks but setting em is a pain, i am seriously considering changing, i have notched top plates allready.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts