VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the look out for wheels for my T4, will 17's et35 8.5 fronts and 10 rears fit without mods, i know i will need a large door wedge lol, will i need arches rolled?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Im on the look out for wheels for my T4, will 17's et35 8.5 fronts and 10 rears fit without mods, i know i will need a large door wedge lol, will i need arches rolled?
Nope...just a wedge ;) see colese for one of his large ones ;) does depend on what tyres you run mind...

10J rears. 8.5j fronts ET30 all round, running 215 45 17 fronts and 225 45 17's rears...

simples :D

:ILU:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm running 17" 8.5j front and 10j rear with ET39 all round (tyres are 245/45 and 225/45). Had to trim the inside of the arches at the rear and have spaced the sliding rail a little as I've the Velle panel on the slider which makes it rub if I don't have it spaced. If you've a ply panel you may be ok.

Just to add there is a difference between the early and late T4 chassis, mine is the early one!

Not happy with my suspension set-up, so interested to see how nicely yours sits Paulm T:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Spring assistors
Is that the rubber things you jam between coils
If so do they work well T:
yup, you got it..

they work really well chief..took em off to go the Harewood show and i did rub a couple of times but the bus didnt arf feel wallowly...with the assistors in it stiffens up the whole back end, totally illiminates any bottoming out/rubbing issues, even fully laden and it allows me to run wide problamatic free

for the money, they really are a no brainer...and safe too ..as they are only doing what they are supposed to be doing, albeit in a slightly different way, ie i aint towing nothing crazy fool :D;)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

·
previously known as: BobbyT4
180 Posts
Nope...just a wedge ;) see colese for one of his large ones ;) does depend on what tyres you run mind...

10J rears. 8.5j fronts ET30 all round, running 215 45 17 fronts and 225 45 17's rears...

simples :D

Them wheels do look awesome, i have 18s on mine and they are always rubbing on rear and its only dropped 55-60mm.
I have brought green extra load springs from ebay but each coil is just sitting on top of each other.
It doesnt look right but has stopped rubbing, although i have seem a lil paint on tyre today.
Can i get wheels machined on hub so it makes them sit in side the arches better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts