VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I need to fit a 1/8 NPT oil temp sender, I thought the easiest option is to fit it to the sump plug so I tried getting a sump plug adaptor, but I can't find any that is M26....

Basically the sender is 1/8 NPT and VW T4 sump thread is M26.. The biggest adaptor I could find is M22: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauge-pipes-adaptors/lma-oil-temperature-sump-plug-adaptor

Literally ran out of ideas where to fit the sender now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: I don't really have the ability to drill a 1/8 NPT thread into the current blank sump plug...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
looks good, it is universal so has anyone tried fitting one of these sandwich plates to the T4 I wonder ? looks like it has multiple ports so could add oil temp and pressure gauges (which would be nice).

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Fit it to one of the blanked off ports on top of the oil filter housing? Would it not be easier to get a sensor with a metric thread?

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,597 Posts
Crikey, this thread took me back a bit ! ......

I remember spending an eternity trying to sort that particular problem out.
> http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=292512

Three years later ......... still not done ! :(

Resolved myself to the suggestion that pgsi has mentioned.

Let me know if you suss it out rastibreza , as I still haven't done mine T:

TURK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all and thank you for all your replies. I messaged a seller on ebay who sells a lot of 1/8 NPT adaptors but the biggest one he has is for M20, so I asked if he could perhaps create one for M26. Let's see what he says. If not, I will have to ask some local garages etc. to drill a 1/8 NPT hole into M26 spare plug, which I will have to buy first.

pgsi not sure where that fits? too expensive as well but thanks

campernologist & TURK yeah I saw all your threads from back in 2013 trying to resolve this well hopefully we will get it sorted this time! I am really commited to getting it into the sump plug as I don't really know how to access the top of the filter housing to install it there? The diagram helps but I can only see the filter from the bottom of the van and I'm don't know how to access it from the top? :*

Thanks,

Rasti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts