VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across an A bar on ebay that quite appeals to me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....698528393&category=9895&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

and I have asked the seller if it is for a long nose or a short nose T4. He doesn't seem to know the difference, and is suggesting that it should fit either.

Is this true?

And what is the law on A bars? Is there anything I need to know before fitting one to my W-reg long nose Caravelle?

Thanks in anticipation...

·
Registered
299 Posts
i think they are legal but a pain with insurance companies unless fitted as standerd? worth ringing the insurance company for more info and price difference if they will even insure it :D good luck buddy

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
you could send a pm to webs on here as i am sure that is her bus in the ebay picture she may be able to help ref the fitting

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
T:Hi guys. Thanks for the pointer. But luckily yes the guy did ask me to take pictures of the fitting as when the A bar arrived to me there was no instructions and it took me quite a while to work it out :eek: anyway as a kind t4 owner I thought I would oblige him and send him step by step pic of fitting. He did ask to use my van with the fitted A bar and as he was a nice seller and the A bar was great I had no problems. :D luckily my insurance company has no problems with the A bar and I think it looks great. I would recommend the seller as I personly had good communication with him and he was very good offering me fitting advice over the phone.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
A: Yes I think it can be fitted to a long nose T4. Give Jimbo a pm as he was chatting to me about fitting one to his coach build and it went on fine I think :ILU: He got it from the same seller as me. T:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
webs, thanks alot for that information. It is good to know that you weren't taken advantage of by the seller. I think I will go ahead and buy one from him.

And the rest of the forum may want to know that I have contacted my insurer, and was just informed today that it is NO PROBLEM to install a nudge bar, and further, that there is no additional cost.

I'm happy. :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
webs, thanks alot for that information. It is good to know that you weren't taken advantage of by the seller. I think I will go ahead and buy one from him.

And the rest of the forum may want to know that I have contacted my insurer, and was just informed today that it is NO PROBLEM to install a nudge bar, and further, that there is no additional cost.

I'm happy. :)
That's great. They are good looking thing and not a bad price. but they do obstruct the removal of the under tray which is a minor pain.( but so do the van x ones as I helped my brother fit his )BUT once the bar is fitted and brackets are inplace the actual A bar is easily removed with 4 bolts leaving the brackets in place. Just REMBER to re fit the under tray if you do happen to remove it to fit the brackets before fitting the actual A bar :D Let him know that's he's been recommended as he seems a genuine fella. I: Shame I did not push for any commission or a discount on my A bar LOL: when I got mine the fitting instructions were non exsistant but let me know if he has now added any of my pic or fitting info T: even if he indicates which is the left or right hand bracket will save you loads of time scratching your head LOL: once I got over the lack of info they are really quite easy to fit ( i even did it by myself I: well called my old neighbour out to hold the bar to get it straight while I was under the van tightening up the bolts I: )and makes more sence than the van x ones which was not a fun prodject , must admit their fitting info was sketchy too, took 3 t4 owners and lots of swearing to fit his ones. But once they were on they are a good looking bar too. T:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Re the undertray problem. One of the guys in the little workshop where our a-bar was fitted turned out to be a time served panel beater. He turned the front corners of the tray from convex to concave really neatly & the tray just slides in behind the ends of the a-bar. Really neat.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Re the undertray problem. One of the guys in the little workshop where our a-bar was fitted turned out to be a time served panel beater. He turned the front corners of the tray from convex to concave really neatly & the tray just slides in behind the ends of the a-bar. Really neat.
Thats Cool. T: my local vw garage charges me an extra 20 min on my bill to take off the A bar when needing to take the belly pan off :eek: aaahhhh well I'm a T4 owner I expect life to throw challenges at me :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts