VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found an unhighlighted link to fitting an aa rear seat to my van, but i cannot find it on the forum, i need the measuresment of where to drill throught the floor as mines a panel van and theres a hundred dimples on the fllor and i cant tel whats what,
thnaks in advance. ed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Will try to have a measure up tonight / tomorrow night unless someone else does so in the meantime!

·
Registered
621 Posts
It's dead easy pal,take all the flooring up and put seat roughly were you want it and you will see dimples in the floor that need opening up with a 10mm drill,I even fitted a single seat next to the double and drilled through the dimples again,make sure you use mushroom bolts and the seats can be removed in seconds

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes thats about it!
There is two obvious channels that the bolts go through, so you are stuck to one "fore & aft" position. these channels are the one that an eye supporting the handbrake & the handbrake spring is fixed to.
From the drivers side there is a flat vertical surface (the inside of the sill) from here the first bolt centre is aprox 50mm in. This should leave 188mm to where the main chassis rail comes through this channel.
From the other side of the chassis rail it is about 668mm to the other bolt.
Unfortunatelly I did not measure the width of the chassis rail & cannot measure across my seat base as I have shortned mine & added a different seat to it.
Like the last post I have set another set of mounts furfther along my channels in preperation for a "buddy" seat that I can drop in.
In these channels the fixings are essentially plates with a M10 captive nut, the plates are then pop rivited to the underside of the floor.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that, i will be investigating these m3easurements after i have finished putting side windows in.T:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still having a headscratch - what dimples in the floor are we on about? there are some that look like they have been made with a centre punch,and there are otheres that are roughly 10mm in diameter -which ones are they? im just reluctant to drill the floor without knowing for sure, and also ive got 12mm marine ply for a floor in the back - will the mushroom bolts catch the thread?
thanks again, ed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are they the 10mm sized circular indents or the ones that look like they have been made with a centre punch? just dont want to start drilling holes in the floor and then have to weld them up again. :ILU:
thanks in advance.
ed.

·
Registered
712 Posts

hope this helps a bit. the captive nuts are easily got from vw - £7 each from recollection.

fitting the seat is the easy bit - the seat belt was a pain in the yarisLOL:

·
Registered
155 Posts
How did you get on with the insurance, im having loads of hassle soon as i mention modifications the price triples.??

Im buying a van with two captain seats but i want to pretty much straight away swap the passenger seat for a double bench.

Do i inform DVLA, or do i tell my insurance fro the start its a 3 seat van.

This is giving my wife and i loads of grief, talking about it.

:confused:

·
Registered
712 Posts
sorry, i dont but i did post on here the numbers about two months ago. in fairness most vw dealers will be able to locate what you want fairly easily by telling them what the part is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts