VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Anyone got any top tips for fitting a bonnet bra, just been outside wrestling with the thing for 25mins but cannot get it on, almost seems too small. Bought it from mike at CMC so i'm sure its not too small and is just me being lame.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
They are a snug fit - They go on easier if warm which is pretty difficult in this great Summer we're having.
Dunno if artificial heat is a good idea though.

Don't wrestle too hard or you might rip a corner like I did :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
They are a snug fit! Start by hooking it over the corners of the bonnet nearest the windscreen then you will have to give it a bit of a tug/stretch to hook it over the front of the bonnet T: then tighten the string

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are a snug fit - They go on easier if warm which is pretty difficult in this great Summer we're having.
Dunno if artificial heat is a good idea though.

Don't wrestle too hard or you might rip a corner like I did :eek:
Might go stick it in the airing cupboard for a bit. Does seem bloody tight, can get both top corners hooked on but it is a good inch away from fitting under the bonnet at the bottom. I've got a short nose t4 is the bonnet on this shorter than a long nose? Just wondering if i might have one for a long nose :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, a short nose bonnet is shorter than a long nose, its kind of in the name. :D
LOL: god i'm a muppet sometimes! Right have just stuck it in the airing cupboard for a warm up. Hopefully should help me stretch it on. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Fitted mine with the bonnet warm after a drive, its a CMC bra but for a T5. Tight fit but looks great when on. :ILU:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Its you being lame...Rasp:

they are tight to fit and you'll think it'll rip apart the stitching before it pops on but they do go...

try the top 2 corners first and work around the bottom...

best of luck.......T:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, looks like i wont be having a bra covered bonnet. After warming it in the airing cupboard it was a little easier but still rediculously difficult to stretch over the bonnet and then the inevitable... it ripped! :* It was such a tight fit and i was having to stretch it so much at the bottom that i have even bent up slightly the top corner of my bonnet. So i give up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found that a bit of fabric needed working out of the top corners at the top before it fit properly, was snug like you've described before I did it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its one of the bras with a chequered stripe down one side and that is the side i couldn't get on. The other side just fitted but the chequered side just wouldn't stretch and then it ripped where the chequered squares are sewn in. Might buy some vinyl and repair/modify it or just chuck it in a cupboard and forget about it H:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Its one of the bras with a chequered stripe down one side and that is the side i couldn't get on. The other side just fitted but the chequered side just wouldn't stretch and then it ripped where the chequered squares are sewn in. Might buy some vinyl and repair/modify it or just chuck it in a cupboard and forget about it H:
Or speak to Mike...customer feed back etc..be polite tell him what happened and he's a resonable guy..you never know..

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
get yourself to a VW meet and get the guys in the know to do it for you ;) oh and while you watch them have a beer in your hand!! I: thats what i did....it fits a treat and wasnt hard work at all!!!

sorry cant offer any advice of any technical ability...typical women...

:ILU:
hope you get it on ok eventually!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will speak to Mike (who has been a great help) and see what he says. I'm in no way blaming him or his products and i'm sure it was something i was/wasn't doing. Crazy aint it i managed to lower my van yesterday in 2 hours with no problems but can't fit a bonnet bra! Anyway thanks for everyones help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts