VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got 2 upper bumper panels from travelin lite, went to trial fit them to my new bumper but they don't sit in right, if it get the inside in they are ok, then as i go along to the outside clipping it in it's ok, but right at the end when i pop the last clip in, the first one on the inside front pops off.
almost like they either need heated up and bent slightly?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
They are fiddly, I replaced my plain panels with drl's, offering them up they looked too short but with some gentle persuasion they will go on. Mine were from Travelin-Lte too. Try to apply pressure at both ends to engage both clips.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can get them in on both sides, but then after about 3 seconds one side pops out. will have another go later, it might have been catching on something in the middle...

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fitted them, I ended up wedging the clips from the back of the bumper on the top inside, and bottom outside of each insert to stop them popping off, then then using a hairdryer on them for 5 mins. left them clipped on(& wedged) overnight, and then removed the wedges and removed and re-fitted and they went on fine. seems they weren't quite curved enough out of the box

1 - 5 of 5 Posts