VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my own carelessness and stupidity I will be removing and refitting my cylinder head tomorrow. I have had a look on Elsawin to give me an idea of what I am in for and it all looks pretty straight forward. The instructions show the use of a special tool and some pins to align the gasket before refitting the head. Are these really necessary? I would have thought that it would be pretty easy to align the gasket without this but having never done one before I thought I would ask. Heads up on any other potential pitfalls that await me would also be appreciated T:

So why am I doing this when I should be kicking back and drinking beer? Well basically after replacing all of the belts on my van I decided to replace some of the worn vacuum hoses that go to the turbo. whilst refitting the banjo bolt on the end of the turbo I managed to drop one of the little sealing washers into the inlet manifold. No excuses just pure carlessness. I hoped that removing the inlet manifold would reveal the little blighter but no joy. Its in the cylinder head and no amount of prodding, poking or vacuuming can persuade it out. So that takes care of the rest of my christmas holidays. At least it gives me the opportunity to tighten up that lovely damper pulley bolt agin when I put the belts back on....joy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts