VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,wondered if any of you guys could help,after fitting heated tt seats to a lhd syncro t4 2001 with heated seats already fitted the connectors don't fit and I have five wires on the van to four wires to the seat,3x brown,1x red/black 1x yellow /black from the van to yellow/black,white/black ,blue, dark brown or black from the seat any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hi!

Allthough commonly thought so, U may find that not all VAG parts are compatible.
My honest advice for U would be to get hold of the heat controller from a Audi TT, same as the one donating the seats. The heat controllers may/will/do vary between the models, so using the "wrong" one could be "unfortunate" I:
At the very least U need the TT Part to compare values. As for the wiring, best bet is also to get the right connectors / plugs out of a TT & along with a drawings make the best ot this. U may end up running new cables all the way:*
Don`t cut the T4 Parts up before U are dead sure U know what U do.

Some seats come with double set of connectors, as my Color concepts did, but only on one side. Are both U`r sides (seats ) the same?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input,the previous wires were the passenger seat (lhd)the drivers seat is as follows,seat is 4 wires red/black,brown,black/white and yellow black van is 3 wires brown, yellow /black ,black/red,i guess having rhd seats in a lhd van complicates matters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts