VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought an ex AA rear seat to go in my van. So how do I fit the mushroom bolts ??

I can see the flat areas in the floor where they will go so do I just drill it and bolt them up with a spreader plate on the back or is there something special I should be doing ????

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thats pretty much it, but is there the correct places for them in a non AA van?
Mine has channels underneath that the spreader plates sit in, I think from memory the spreaders are spot welded or held captive somehow in these channels.
I moved 2 of mine in a bit & think i just made new spreader plates with a nut tacked on to the underside of the plate then tacked the plate into the channel!

·
Registered
241 Posts
do a search bud,i fitted mine from a post on here,just make sure you measure twice and drill once!:D,this is the thread
Ultimate ex AA seat fitting thread ( 1 2),T:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Plates are £7 each from Vw. There are channels under the van ex as or not that the plates fit in. There are dimples in the flat areas of the floor to drill your holes. Helps to have someone hold the plate while you attach the mushroom bolt with an Allen key. I stuck the plates with a bonding mastic as they fit fairly snug in the channel.

·
Registered
582 Posts
To give you some idea, my front row of mushroom bolts are 400mm forward of the rear set (that might help you out in identifying the correct drill spacings)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts