VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've been monitoring one of these double din units for a while and have decided to take the plunge and buy a second hand/ex display one from ebay.

I know I need to get a fitting kit and wiring adapter but not sure on anymore details. I've been told to look at incartec.co.ukAnyone have any experience with this company?

Can someone confirm if this would do the trick?

https://incartec.co.uk/Pages/Product.aspx?P=4807

Cheers
Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
Hi mate.
I have the 3700 dab. Got mine from Jason @ Absolut5 on here.
Sent all the bits needed to fit so pm him mateT:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. I've spoken with Jason and know his pricing is very competitive (and he's really nice and helpful) but I'd save a fair bit buying an ex display unit. Will do some more research and maybe chat with Jason again. Truth is I'm tempted to drive down there and get it all sorted, maybe get some new speakers and take in Stonehenge while the work gets done but not sure I can afford it! LoL

How's the 3700 anyway? Much difference do you know? (It was Jason who actually recommended 3800 to me)

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
Had my 3700 a couple of years now so a bit dated but love it.
Need an external aerial in my opinion but that could just be the area I live in. Reverse camera is brilliant!
I meant for you to call Jas to just get the fitting kits needed etc and buy the ex demo unit elsewhere.
I bought he's Pioneer speakers too and soundproofed all my doorcards when fitting them.
Massive difference!
Good luck bud.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Hi, 3800 is now an old model.
I've just bought the replacement model which is x490 from Jason.
Brilliant bit of kit and the auto antenna roof aerial from him is superb as well.
Cheers T:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I have the same 3800 and got an excellent wiring loom fitted from Hoovie on here. Go search for him n send him a message and look for his loom. very very simple easy fit. top bloke for advice too same as absolut.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Cheers guys sounds like another chat with Jason is on the cards! T:
Come on down, Pop down to Costa which is a 2 min walk away, while we do the install, a lot cheaper than Stonehenge which you can see by driving past it...T:

Or we can send it as a plug and play setup for easy install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts