VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fitting pre 1996 fasp swivel seat base (help ! )

Ihave just taken delivery of my pre 1996 fsap swivel seat base passenger side,
I imagened a half hour job,but im having problems and need help,
1/ i have the correct one for my van 4 holes in the bottom plate to fit over threaded lugs,am i missing parts as how do i bolt onto these lugs also just placing it over the threaded lugs and spinning it round the swivel leaver catches on the lugs slightley.

2/ Secondly how do i now fit my seat belt to the base as when it spins intowards the gear lever it will bash int the seat belt mount.

Am i going mad or is there somthing im not seeing here.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
You have to grind off the seat belt bit that attaches to the seat base, then drill through the base of the reciever and bolt to the upper part of the seat

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that advice about the seat belt mount.Have you any idea about the original threaded lugs that stick up, do i have to grind them off and put through new nuts and bolts to stop them catching on the catch on the swivel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that advice about the seat belt mount.Have you any idea about the original threaded lugs that stick up, do i have to grind them off and put through new nuts and bolts to stop them catching on the catch on the swivel.
Exactly right. If you look on the underside of the threaded lugs you will see that they are welded on but only on the exposed side. If you grind this weld off you will be able to gently tap the lug back through. Patient tapping is required, you don't want to whack it and ruin your new hole to bolt down on to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts