VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Fitting remote locking to a T4

959 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Richardcs 
#1 ·
Hi

Hoping for some guidance please! my remote lockoing has packed in (never worked since ive had it). The central locking is fine off the key, just the remote does nothing. Ive tried the usual reset procedure, and change the transponder box behind the clocks. no joy.

So i think the best solution is just to add a separate remote receiver fob. These seem to be readily available on ebay. However, as they are universal kits, Im not sure how hard the wiring is likely to be?

Has anybody any experience of fitting aftermarket remote locking to a t4 with central locking (ie, just needs the electrics, the mechanics are there and functioning off the key in the door)?

thanks

#10 ·
Mine was the flip key kind.

I don't know if the electronics are compatible between the two key fob types.

Are you sure it's not just the battery in the fob itself?

When I say key fob all I mean is the remote control buttons, not the actual key itself.

From your OP, I gather that you can lock the van using the key in the lock, and all doors lock and unlock, just not off of the push buttons (key fob).

If the receiver (behind the dash clocks) had the same part number as mine then I don't see why you can't change to a flip style key and fob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.