VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one please advise on this.

I have a set of tie down rings, plastic cups, bolts and spacers. I know approximatly where they go in the van, but do you just bolt through the floor or is there something that sits behind them similar to the brackets for the mushroom bolts?

I am about to fit a new floor to my exAA van and would like to see them used rather than leaving in a box gathering dust in the garage.

Thanks

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Correct..

There are six points,

the two just behind the front row are the same as the middle seat plates, there should be dimples in the floor if their not already drilled out.

The two in the middle also use the same plates and have dimples in the floor at the same location as the front bolt holes for the Multivan seat. Though the near side is a right fiddle as it is mounted inside the box section underneath. You will need two people to get it done, though if I remember right, my old ex AA already had them fitted here?

The rearmost points should also have dimples if they're not drilled out. The nearside uses the same plate as the others but the offside plate is different as it pop rivets on the vertical face of the chassis. I did see a parts diagram on the forum but can't find it just now.

Incidentally, you will find four spare plates on the Kombi chassis for mounting the third row of carravelle seats. You can drill the pop rivets out and use them. Though be careful around your brake pipes and load compensator. Also, if you ever want to fit a third row of seats you'll curse the day to removed them.

happy days, fairly straightforward in my opinion.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts