VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on fitting an underfloor water tank?

How are you guys filling them - using a hose from under the van, a filling port inside the van??

What makes and sizes of tanks are normal for a T4?

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a 25 litre tank under my cupboards. It's long and quite thin with wheels on one end. There is access through a cupboard and as the pump screws in I can take it out for filling and cleaning. Does that help?

·
Registered
494 Posts
i have a 75ltr clean water and 31ltrwaste water tank under my t4 from cak and very pleased with them.clean water is filled up from a lockable filler under the bonnet.i found them a very good firm to deal with although they get very busy they took the time to talk me through a couple of things i wasnt sure of

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
We manage to get away with a 10 litre water container for most weekends with another wedged under the van to collect the waste water. I ditched the 25 litre container that i originally fitted to save space. I suppose it depends if you're wild camping & drinking lots of tea & coffee, or using campsites & drinking beer I:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I too fitted an under floor tank from CAK tanks - excellent firm - they also repaired mine for me after I damaged it going too fast through some deep water - had to fit a waste water tank size I think 35 litres because mines a Caravelle which has a second heater underneath where the tank would normally go - mine fits underneath the sliding door - seems big enough for normal use - drinks, cooking etc for about 4 days.
Best to use black tubing which doesnt admit light so less growth of nasties - CAK also do a sterilising stuff to clean out the tank at the end of the season. I didnt want to drill large hole in side of van for filler so routed some hose through to engine bay and mounted filler on a plate above the rad

·
Registered
583 Posts
Also be aware outboard water tanks will be more prone to freezing in winter.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
CAK are a great company to work with. We used their services for a motorsport motorhome, and fitted a 500 litre tank. Just drained it off over winter, and we never had a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts