Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just starting my new project, another 2003 T4 with low mileage. I am undecided what roof to have. In the past i have always had the usual roof, but fancy a change. Whats your opinions on pop tops and hightops? I can see advantages and disadvantages in all 3 but cant decide!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
l have a hightop, great for extra storage space and for the kids to sleep, adults to, you can stand straigh in the van not crouching, and gives a feeling of space and practical when in the van cooking and doin stuff.

Only negative can be parking, you have to check height as some parking areas have a height bar, eg: like McDonalds, which we can get into, only stopped us parking on 1 occaision when on holiday, otherwise no issue.A:

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
Pop top all the way A: - looks, handles and parks like a regular van when its down, loads of space for an extra bed and storage when up & keeps the van cool in the summer, plus people don't keep asking to buy ice-creams off you... I:

LOL:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Pop top any day, but then again as long as it's not a HUGE hi-roof I would think about one...........Not helping much am I LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pop top , my third now. First bay, then T25 now T4. Great for parking, goes under 2 mtr barriers, height when you wanna stand up, / sleep or shove kids out the way. Down for economy, as said parking, and less wind resistence.
No competition......IMHO......

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a high top and I have another van being converted now. It is true the high top will not get onto some car parks and it is also true I have never had a poptop but now I wouldn't consider one anyhow. The high roof gives so much storage space and of course one can stand upright in the back.

pete

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pop Top,We camp out at least 9 months a year and would be lost without our pop top,might not be everybodys cup of tea,my mates priority is to carry his canoes around with him,so with the type we have, would be no good for him,but for us it's the no1 feature. :ILU:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts