VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

Bit of advice required please guys, when fixing batons etc.. to the floor for bed frames etc. how are people fixing them? screwed through ply floor and through the deck of the van? glued and screwed just to the ply?

with cupboards etc when it comes to fixing to the bulkhead.. is this generally done before or after carpeting the bulkheads? i was wondering if you get a firm fix if batons etc.. are screwed on over the top of carpet or not?

Thanks

jimbob

·
Registered
370 Posts
Most people will glue the battens to the floor etc. This is what i will be doing to save drilling through the floor and avoid the possibility of rust around the holes.

I am not sure what to suggest for your second question but I am sure that someone will be along soon to help you.

Jon :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
evo do some glue ,called sticks like sh-t ,honest swear on anybodys life ,and yes it does exactly what it says on the tin (tube) ,screw fix

·
Registered
370 Posts
Most people use sikaflex so yes that is fine. I had meant to recommend sikaflex in my previous reply but i forgot sorry

Jon :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
dont screw through the metal cargo floor. use sikaflex or similar. you can screw ply lining to the sides using screws just long enough to get a grip, or you'll end up with 'hellraisers' and a very hefty bodyshop bill! carpet can then be stuck to the ply using spray glue and trimmed. alternatively for imo a better finish you can carpet the ply first and then fix it so the sides using black drywall screws (black carpet). batons will provide sufficient support just fixed to the ply providing the ply is properly fixed to the sides!!!T:

·
Registered
799 Posts
as for the bulkhead id recommend screwing the batons from the cab side or you'll have the afore-mentioned hellraisers T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts