VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read various threads on here already and my heads pickled to be honest:confused:

Basically I've my own and a friends Caravelle to get fixed, both have 2.5TDi ACV 102 BHP engines

Caravelle 1 - Cambelt went, so has the usual top end damage - broken cam, buckets, bent valves etc.

Caravelle 2 - Unusually has bottom end damage

We've got hold of a complete running Volvo V70 with a 2.5TDi D5252T engine, running 140BHP;) to hopefully donate parts for both

The theory being...

Caravelle 1 - Fit complete Volvo top end head assembly i.e head, injectors, inlet & exhaust manifolds, turbo, downpipe. From what I've read this literally should be a straight swap? Some modification to do to the Volvo downpipe required and I imagine a remap to get it running right and get the best out of fitting the bigger injectors/turbo

Caravelle 2 - Fit complete Volvo bottom end, should be more obvious once out of the car but other than using the VW sump and dipstick - will we able to use the rest of it? Or will we have to swap over some, or all of the ancillaries over i.e starter, alternator, fuel pump, etc.

I will update this thread as we go and take plenty of pics, am sure It will help others in a similar situation T:

Thanks in advance, Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just in the process of fitting the D5252 in my T4 all ancillary's off the AJA 2.4d motor went on the D5252T without any issues. Dipstick was the biggest issue but your ACV one should fit without issue. You will also need to use the ACV oil filter housing as there isn't the room for the Volvo one. For some pics see here http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=241362

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for he info, I've been reading your thread with interest...have you made any more progress yet?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rest of intercooler pipes here today, need to finish electrics then fire it up but work tomorrow will hamper things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. Can anyone tell me if the D5252 T volvo injector tips will fit on my existing VW 2.5 ACV injectors ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts