VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not yet bought my rock and roll bed but im wondering if it is a good idea boarding the floor before i do so as im not sure on how it fixes to the floor, any info would be good thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a good idea to finish your floor first. To fit the bed you drill up from underneath through four pre drilled holes, which have black plastic covers on. You can see them in Jurassik's picture in this thread...

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37161

Take the plastic caps off before doing your floor, as they'll make drilling difficult otherwise. Then come up from underneath and through the floor that you've fitted and it simply bolts down. It's dead simple, or at least it looked it, I watched Dave from Canon's Forge fit mine LOL:

If it's a Canon's Forge bed you're after, it's worth considering that beds are made to order, so it pays to plan ahead as there'll probably be a short wait.

·
Registered
372 Posts
where are you going for your bed. seeing as you are in nottingham a good place would be

Cannon’s Forge, Worksop, Notts, www.cannonsforge.co.uk

Ask for David Cannon, he is a really sound bloke and mention the forum and you'll get some discount. there is a bit of a waiting list and mines getting fitted hopefully mid/late July, which is included in the price.

and to answer your question, stick the floor in and it fits straight on top. its drilled from underneath. if your using celotex/kingspan for insulation no problem, but if rock wool or sheeps wool can be a problem as it wraps itself round the drill bit. any way speak to dave and he'll let you know what you need to know

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
you dont need to insulate the floor,fix the panels down with some silicone or similar just to stop any squeeks,then screw straight in to the floor through the ply,if you use self tapping/decking type screws they can go straight through the ply and floor without drilling first

just have a look underneath and familiarise yourself under there and make sure you dont drill into diesel tank/pipes etc T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.