VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a T4 :ILU:

Looking into how hard it is to fix a drop down TV to the ceiling. Does anyone have any details on self builds?

Just been looking round some vans at the CamperMart in Telford and saw a couple of vans with thin cupboards/cabinets squeezed between the roof and the top of the windows. I guess fixings for them would be a similar thing?

Any info at all would be helpful. Guess I am going ot have to remove the carpet form the roof? :eek:

Cheers peeps... T:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I Changed the roof lining for faux leather covered MDF on my last van. Held a pop down TV and hid the wires nicely. Will post a pic for you. MDF screwed into the inner roof running skirts (not sure what there called) with no real effort

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Changed the roof lining for faux leather covered MDF on my last van. Held a pop down TV and hid the wires nicely. Will post a pic for you. MDF screwed into the inner roof running skirts (not sure what there called) with no real effort
Cool. Good idea, suppose I need to take off the lining to find out what is underneath anyway. That was I will know what weight it will hold and if I replace it anyway, will give make me feel happier about it taking weight.

Pretty sure the guy who converted the van lined with plywood from an eBay store, so I presume it won't have the roof done too.

Photo's would be great, cheers! T:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Most peeps remove the headlining to recover it, and while its down sikaflex some plywood on the roof panel. Then you can just screw your tv onto that. Easy..

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most peeps remove the headlining to recover it, and while its down sikaflex some plywood on the roof panel. Then you can just screw your tv onto that. Easy..
Sounds like a plan. I just presumed the roof was in the shape of an arc, not flat. so it would be hard to sikaflex too...

I guess I need to get the headlining down and have a look :cool:

Cheers guys! A:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts