VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My 2.5ltr petrol refuses to start whilst I have a continues flashing red LED oil light, the starter motor tries to kick it over but just cuts out after a couple of seconds

The oil level is ok so I don’t know what’s going on.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mines a 2.4d and it does the same. If the oil light flashes it won't fire up. What I do is put the ignition on and reach down to the bottom edge of the fuse box and play about with the wires going to the fuses. Until the oil light stops flashing. Then it starts no problem. So must be a dodgy wire for something. Not sure if this will help you. But worth a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I have a t4 2.5 petrol engine AVT
It randomly stops working while driving with a red blinking oil light, and wont start back, after some time... Sometimes 15min other timea 2h, it starts back normal, and then again... Sometimes doeant wont to start at all with a blinking oil red light... Anyone can help please...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ty will check realy soon... As i left the van some km away as yesterday had same problem....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it supposed to be only 1 wire here?
And what bonnet switch do you mean?

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,877 Posts
Under the bonnet (LHS on mine), there is a "button switch" that detects if the bonnet has been opened.
Sends a message to the ECU.
So, if there is an oil problem, it detects IF you have opened the bonnet to check......or so the story goes... :whistle:
Fault won't clear until ECU gets that signal.

Alternator:
Some have 2 wires, but often break or make poor contact.
IF that is a problem, alternator doesn't charge properly, and for some strange reason, throws all sorts of errors up from the dash.
Yours doesn't look too bad, but worth cleaning inside contacts.
Try taking the plug off, spray some contact cleaner (NOT WD40) onto both contacts, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.
Easy thing to try, and has worked for many people.

BTW....more info in the Electrical section......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ty,

I just found a connector disconnected... And after i connected it back, my key opened and closed the dors by pressinh the button, and right after that the van started like no problem...

I dont know if it has some relation, but my guess is that it has sometging with immobilizer...

Not sure....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts