VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last after mucho reading on this forum of the many differing opinions on to why the flashing oil light is on my 2000 model 1.9 tdi 800 special and why no rev counter and why dead batttery with no charging... well i started with taking out the alternator and looking around for replacement prices i figured that the voltage regulator diod pack had blown so i managed to find a place in slough who rebuilt the alternator for £90 was very happy with that price considering the quotes i was getting... fitted the unit and still the same conditions as before so after checking and going back to stage 1 again i looked closer at the strip fuse links next to the battery and noticed the 100amp strip had what appered to be a bit of dirt on the strip but upon closer inspection this was found to be blown,,, so reconnected on the 60amp strip fuse next to this and turned the key to find my problems were all over...... no rusty wires or corroded contacts or oil pressure switches... just a fuse.... Rasp:

·
Registered
3 Posts
A: Thanks a lot , just had exactly the same on my T4 and traced it back to a loose connection next to the fuses and corroded by the 100A so moved and all now ok

1 - 2 of 2 Posts