VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
fli 12" 1000watts sub&amp

got a 12inch fli active sub and amp inclosed in a box , condition is same as day it was bought , probaly 3months old got recipt somewhere .

all in top working order and comes with all wiring kit .

collection from notts area as post would be stupied as heavy .

same as this item here

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_504691_langId_-1_categoryId_165748

email me for any more info as my message box is always full or just post here

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
price?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters. anazingly stupid annoying rule

·
Registered
682 Posts
Do you know if this unit fits under the back seats of a Velle, it's raining here and I can't face going out to measure the seat space LOL:
I'm only in Mansfield so pick up is easy. Does it need to be connected via pre outs from the head unit?
Cheers Sam T:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi sam i couldnt say to be honest if it would fit or not , dont no the dimenshions of it neither at minute as its not with me at present .

needs to be connected to battrey then to the back of stereo for pre outs

real easy to put in even with my lack of electrical skills , which am informed are sh*t I:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Does it come with the wiring for connection to the battery and does it have instructions etc. I can wire a house but car electrics are like nuclear physics to me :eek:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
am sure i still have the instructions somewhere , if not am sure if you pop over i can show you where everything goes as its near on inpossible to get wrong

1 wire from battrey to sub 12v supply

then you have 2 other wires which just have plugs on so just case of pusshing in jobs a good one .

tokk me about 10mins to do wiring and about a hour to hide the wires LOL:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I will get the measurements from the website, see if it will fit and then get back to you. I am changing my whole system and don't have the correct headunit for it yet but this thing sounds ideal. Will speak to you tomorrow buddy.
Sam

·
Registered
223 Posts
am sure i still have the instructions somewhere , if not am sure if you pop over i can show you where everything goes as its near on inpossible to get wrong

1 wire from battrey to sub 12v supply

then you have 2 other wires which just have plugs on so just case of pusshing in jobs a good one .

tokk me about 10mins to do wiring and about a hour to hide the wires LOL:

Yeah simple, but dont forget to add the neutral/earth/negative of sub to framework of van to complete the circuit. otherwise you wont be bangin! :eek:
also is handy to have a remote lead from amp to stereo so sub only comes on when stereo is. otherwise youll have a flat battery! just connect the lead onto the power on the back of the stereo. Jobs a goodun! T: :ILU:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks for that tip, i have discovered that i might have a bit more expense due to a thread gone in a wheel hub. Still would like this unit but just need to do a quick funds check.

Sam

·
Registered
759 Posts
hi sam i couldnt say to be honest if it would fit or not , dont no the dimenshions of it neither at minute as its not with me at present .

needs to be connected to battrey then to the back of stereo for pre outs

real easy to put in even with my lack of electrical skills , which am informed are sh*t I:
there not that good
but free bump for you buddy
T:T:T:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for that tip, i have discovered that i might have a bit more expense due to a thread gone in a wheel hub. Still would like this unit but just need to do a quick funds check.

Sam
hey sam if you buy it from paul
i'll fit it for you free
T:T:T:T:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just noticed where you are based !!! A:

You must be the chap that paul said was good with T4s, do you do any other work on them, wheel hubs for instance, or know any good mechanics in the area. The hub issue I have dictates whether i have the funds for the sub as i still need to upgrade my head unit to be able to use the sub!!

Expensive hobby aren't they! :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts