VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - maybe a novice question, but before I start the project, does anyone have any hints and tips, or know of limitations fitting a flip down monitor in the rear of a caravelle (yr 2000) with overhead heaters? many thanks:)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
out of interest are the overhead ducts heating or cooling or Air con?

in any case the ducting is part of the headlining and runs up from the back driver's side and along the driver's side teeing of to the rows of ducts, you should be able to run wiring and fix your screens without interfering with the duct work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave

Do you know if there's any diagrams or other visuals that could help with placement of the fittings to make sure I don't screw threw any "pipework"?

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Hi bustervan,

How were you thinking of mounting your monitor?

I only ask as the usual method is to remove your headlining and bond a piece of 15mm plywood to the underside of the roof using sikaflex, wherever you choose to mount your monitor.
This then gives you a secure mounting to screw the fixing frame for the monitor to ( make sure the screws you use are shorter than the ply thickness or you will damage the van roof )

Once you get the headlining down you will be able to see where any wiring / ducting runs and be able to ensure that it is not compromised with your monitor install.

Whatever you do don't mount the monitor direct to the roof lining or it will not be secure enough and eventually fall down.

Hope this helps T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts