VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
bought a flip down tv off ebay but it came without instructions and i cant find a speaker or speaker wire on it!
wiring wise it has a thick black cable coming from it which splits into
2x video inputs
1x black cable (neutral)
1x red cable with inline fuse (positive)
there is a seperate cable (white) which seems to just go to the spotlight thing, that has a blue, a black and a red cable inside.
i have seen a couple of tv's on ebay which just transmit the sound at a certain frequency and your car stereo picks it up (like them ipod ones i presume?)
could this be one?
the tv has no name anywhere, the box looks like any tv box but no name

has anyone fitted one of these?
can anyone help with wiring?
cheers
DDG

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
If it is just a monitor and doesn't have a built in DVD player then it probably won't have built in speakers. As it will use the headunit for video input, it will use the van speakers for sound.

At least that's how mine works.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just going to use my 7" portable dvd player for the picture, this will mean i have to use that for the sound too? gutted!
looks like i did buy a lemon unless i get a dvd head unit????
cheers so far

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
just a stab in the dark, those 2 "inputs" are acutally outputs....connet them to the auxilliary input of your stereo so you play the sound through that.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220456787744&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

thats the link for the one i bought but looks prety much the same as this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360174326766&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This says its got a built in IR transmitter???

More stress with my camper build!!
I think the worst case scenario will be i will have to buy another flip down tv with built in doovdre and speakers
Then link this one up and have it facing forward so will have 2 tv's?
a bit flash and over the top but more of a damage limitation as it only cost me £60

any more views would be very much appreciated
Cheers
DDG

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
it looks like it has a stereo input which then outputs via rf, this is to be used with cordless infrared headphones.
If its any use, I have a brand new indash cd/mp3/dvd player that I bought to go in my previous car but was offered one with a screen for a price i could'nt resist, it just looks like any normal cd player but when you play a dvd it outputs sound through your vehicle speakers and has an output to link it to your screen. yours for £60 delivered. can send you pics if its any use.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for the offer,
not sure which way im going to go with it yet.
it would be easier just to buy another one with speakers and doovdre and link them up but im thinking maybe of putting a head unit and speakers in the back that runs off the leisure battery,
thanks so farT:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts