VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we need to replace our carpet that came with the van. Maybe a stupid question but is the flooring most seem to use just plain lino, or is it a special 'auto' lino? Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Most converters will be using industrial vinyl flooring. Altro, spectrum, gerflor, are all trade names of companies producing suitably hardwearing floors.
Domestic vinyl or lino is not that tough, or slip resistant compared to industrial grades. You can get some nice colours and they dont have to look like a toilet or hospital floor;).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers. I will have a look. I am interested in the black one that has a 'bobbled' effect. Does anyone know the name of that one?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I have sorted flooring but now I amstruck for the anchor point covers. Anyone know where I can get them? Thanks

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Altro is tough as **** as long as you don't put a wet tyre on it!!
Had a puncture recently on a rainy day so I changed the wheel and put the flat in the back of the van. Two days later I took the flat out but it had stained the floor!! (a known problem).
I scrubbed the floor with every abrasive going to get rid of the stain. The stain was going nowhere but neither was the finish of the Altro!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts