VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am wanting to change the flooring in my van and i saw some good stuff in a couple of vans at Beaulieu and cant find anywhere that sells it.
It was black and white checked but it was larger than normal and was diamonds rather than squares.
Think it was in the orange van that won a couple of awards.
Does anyone know where to get some?

·
Registered
127 Posts
madmatz do the 9" vinyl tiles in a range of colours , you can just turn the tile 45 degrees to get a diamond effect .
The wood flooring looks good PDubby :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks for that will give them a try!
I think the real wood looks smart but got to consider the weight when you are running a 1.9

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
that real wood is going to warp and twist like hell in a van

yup have tried it before its not so bad in summer but come winter

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
that real wood is going to warp and twist like hell in a van

yup have tried it before its not so bad in summer but come winter
mines been in my van summer/winter and had no probs with it what so ever...

You just never fitted it as good as me did ya.............Rasp:......;).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Try looking on the web for a shop that sells KARNDEAN flooring, these are avaliable in all colours and are 12" x 12" (1 foot square). Easy to cut and install, from a good shop you should be able to purchase the correct glue for the flooring, it is sold in boxes which are 3.34 square mts in a box and cost is around 20 quid a square mt, so 2 boxes, one white one black is 6.68 sq mts x 20 = £134.00 roughly. OR look on ebay, sometimes its available on there.
To get the diamond effect lay them at a 45 degree, but i would make a template from paper of the floor, transfer this to a 6 or 9mm ply and fit the tiles on this, let the tiles overlap the edges of the ply then turn it over and trim round from the bottom. Hope this helps you and post some piccys when you've done what ever you decide.
Oh yes, I'm a floor layer.
Laters Sid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts