VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
just finished off my LWB T4 with a camping/surfing interior but I'm not happy with the way I have fixed the seat panels to the base of the r/r bed. They are bolted on and then I screwed the foam base (already glued to hardboard) onto the plywood bases. The problem is, there is plywood on show and I want to make sure this is hidden; anybody got any brilliant ideas out there?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
can you remove and shave off excess?

or cover with seat fabric if not?

my r&r is covered with seat fabric, ugly bits have be coverd by pelmet covered by lining carpet and screwed into place, good luck:ILU:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
not good with the picture thingy, camera and IT knowledge is rubbish.

my r&r has a pelmet covering ugly bits, just like a curtain pelmet covering a curtain pole.

the pelemt a piece of ply 1cm thick est, covered with matching lining carpet and screwed to wood of the r&r bed, looks effective and does not stop the bed from working:ILU:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi guys,
just finished off my LWB T4 with a camping/surfing interior but I'm not happy with the way I have fixed the seat panels to the base of the r/r bed. They are bolted on and then I screwed the foam base (already glued to hardboard) onto the plywood bases. The problem is, there is plywood on show and I want to make sure this is hidden; anybody got any brilliant ideas out there?
I placed the foam on the ply bases with the covering fabric over the lot and then a 1" overlap of the fabric stapled to the underside of the ply. The ply is then fixed to the R&R frame with bolts into 'T' nuts pre-inserted in the ply bases. This way there is no ply on show (Ply from Wickes - 'T' nuts and bolts from B&Q....).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went down the road of removing the bases and securing T bolts to the topside of them and then screwing the bolts in from the underside which has done the job-no more ply!!!Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts