VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have read my build thread ive fitted bongo rear seat and box to make up a bed, im at the stage of looking for foam to cover it with, my aswell do seat and box whilst at it, so my question is...
Is 4" memory foam sufficient or do i need the blue foam and a memory foam topper???
I redid my caravan cusions in 4" blue foam and find it a little too firm...just wondered if 4" memory foam is upto the job alone???

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm in the process of choosing foam for my rear seats but we have a good foam seller on our market.

I can't help thinking that it would be best to choose a density that matches your existing seats.

There is a way i've thought of that you can do this but it's a faff.

Get a set of kitchen scales, a pozi screwdriver and a ruler, lay the ruler on the seat, mark cm increments on the screwdriver point the screwdriver at the seat next to the ruler and push on it until it deflects the foam to the 1,2 and 3 cm marks. read the weight on the scales at each of the increments.

With these readings you can choose an appropriate density of foam.

I think I'm going to go for 2-3" of denser foam and then spray glue 2" of memory foam to the top of it, that way I should have comfort and adequate support for both a seat and a bed.

Hope this helps and good luck.T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts