VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
B&T they sound fantastic - such a big improvement over standard and they aren't silly money either.
At the end of the day my van is still a big box on wheels with wide tyres and a diesel engine so the interior is never going to be the quietest so until I'm running an almost silent electric motor and have an interior to rival that of a Bentley, I can't see the point in spending fortunes on high end audio. |
These go plenty loud enough to drown out any engine/road noise and chuck out some useful bass too even without the sub & amp added.

Registered
Where did you mount the tweeters? I was thinking of putting mine on the surface of the grill. Pictures would ge great if you did it this way. Thanks
I remover the old tweeters & refitted the mesh grill over the top. I wished now that i should have mounted on top of the mesh grill , seems a shame to hide them as really look the business with the supplied tweeter . but definitely a great improvement. I run a 5 channel amp with sub box & vibe mid speakers in the back of the van & the focals up front .

Premium Member
I had the Blam kit in my old T5 from Absolut amazing difference it's on the shopping list for the new van shhhhh don't tell the wife

Registered
Any one added the ibus 2.1 under seat sub which also has a spare amp channel to power the fronts better?

Registered
Any one added the ibus 2.1 under seat sub which also has a spare amp channel to power the fronts better?
I鈥檝e been wanting to find out others opinions on the Focal 2.1 as well. It seems like a easy to fit solution. Have you fitted one yet?

Registered
With 20 mins before i had to leave for work tthis morning i cracked on with removing the door cards and the old speakers .
I fitted some itsy bitsy mb quartz that i had knocking around over 5 years ago as a short term fix for the mullered factory items and looking at them now theyre looking a little sorry for themselves as are the mdf spacers.
20210609_084206.jpg

Registered
Are you fitting the Focals?
Sorry Split , missed this .
Yes ISU200 .
Spacer rings made and painted safto ready for installing the nearside first.
Copped much earache over the last 2 days away off the missus about it not being comfy and nowhere to rest her arm without the door panel :rolleyes:

Registered
That sounds familiar!
My mate has the proper VW captains seats in the front of his van... with arm rests. So after the girlfriend had sat in their van the other week, all I get now is how there's nowhere for her to rest her arm with the Merc seats in mine :rolleyes:
I'm sure you'll be pleased with the Focals though, such a massive improvement over the originals - and they go plenty loud enough to drown out any irritating noises that might be coming from the passenger seat too! 馃槀

Registered
I was recommended to put something over the speaker connections on the back so they can鈥檛 get wet 馃憤 Not sure how much water gets down into the doors but I used some of the sound deadening to create an 鈥榰mbrella鈥 over the top behind the door panel.

Registered
I did consider doing that but there was very little clearance with the window and i was rushing to get finished so it never happened 馃榿.
I inspected the old speakers that came out and although they were a little rusty in places where screws had been they didn't show any signs of ever being wet .

Registered
Thinking of fitting the same speakers .. mainly due to the amount of love they have received on here, as the spec doesn鈥檛 quite match the Pioneer 3-ways I was considering. The 鈥榬eal world鈥 is the proper test of course so happy to go with the majority on this one.

I want to add an under seat subwoofer to go with these .. one that is a DSP / amplifier as well as being a sub so that I can wire everything through it.

What does everyone think is the best sounding option to go with the focals?

BTW I鈥檓 not sure about whether it is worth putting speakers in the back or not (it鈥檚 only myself in the front that appreciates the quality of the sound - so would only add them if it adds to the quality) .. if I did add rear speakers I鈥檇 need a 4 channel amp / sub I guess..?

Your advice is much appreciated as it鈥檚 going to be a fair chunk of dosh to do the job properly / do it once

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Special Rapporteur
Opinion only: If you're going to listen to music parked up and sitting in the back then rear speakers can be worthwhile. But if you're mainly going to be listening while driving it's hard to justify the cost. It's difficult to get enough volume from the rear speakers to add anything, and it will deafen any rear passengers you might have!

Registered
I'd echo what triffic says (pun not intended!). I added rear speakers to mine as I often have passengers and wanted to be able to listen to music in the back when parked up. I only run the fronts & sub through a 3-channel amp though. I don't tend to notice them much when driving.

Registered
Ok thanks guys .. which sub/amp is best to go for? Do I need a 鈥楧SP鈥 one as I have been told by someone鈥?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 50 Posts