VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
I was recommended to put something over the speaker connections on the back so they can’t get wet 👍 Not sure how much water gets down into the doors but I used some of the sound deadening to create an ‘umbrella’ over the top behind the door panel.
How did you do this ?
Removed the offside speaker last night and this has definitely been wet in the past .

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
How did you do this ?
Removed the offside speaker last night and this has definitely been wet in the past .
Before mounting the speaker I placed a piece of sound deadening loosely across the top half of the speaker hole on the inner door panel and then pushed it backwards into the door void so it creates a semi-circular dome over the top of where the back of the speaker & cable connection would be. Maybe use a heat gun to help it shape if need be, and then stuck the rest of the deadening down on the front of the inner door panel to hold it in place.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Yep theyre the ones Andy .
I bought ours from a different ebay seller but same price .
Youll need some mdf spacers too , made ours from an offcut of 18mm mdf .

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If AbsoluT5 still have them (or similar) in stock then they'll come with the speaker spacers and tweeters all pre-wired in for you. Just plug n play!

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
We do have them in stock

41 - 52 of 52 Posts