VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a eBay kit to instal fogs to the front bumper. It came with unpainted replacement panels. These look exactly the same as the painted ones apart from they have no holes for the lights.

Question is has anyone tried just cutting the backs of the originals so no painting is required?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Answer to question is yes.I had a commerical bumper and took the textured panels out to cut holes for fog lights-just used a hole saw(make sure dead centre)think it was about 62-63mm dont quote me on that long time ago.i now have a caravelle bumper with sportline spoiler but using same fog lights.the fog lights screw into the existing holes behind the panel

·
Registered
691 Posts
Cut mine recently to fit DRL's. Decent hole saw and (as stated) get the centre right. No damage to paint

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you use a fine hacksaw you will be fine.

In the process of doing mine so take your time and get the holes marked up before you cut.

Also cut the hole smaller than you think it needs to be so you can fine tune the fit by taking off bits as you go.

Dont go all guns blazing as you will cut a hole that is too big.

And I found you need to cut from the front if you want to guarantee no damage.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Did mine with a holesaw and a borrowed drill.

You can borrow the holesaw if you want to save you buying one just for 2 cuts? I'm based in Aberdeen.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Well I thought I'd just try with the panels the lights came with and I actually like it.

What you's think?

Before

After

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drop box works fine I was just having rouble getting the link from the app.

Guess I better look at paying up then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts