VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Finally some common sense on this thread A:

I must admit earlier on I did think you were taking the "P"

Right A4 Long nose, short answer is yes they will fit Y:

But, and it's quite a big but (not as big as the one in Phil's "car driving dog" pic but that's a different story).
Anyway back to this big but. If fitted you will have trouble opening the door and you will need to fit one of those wedge things.
I believe Audiosport sells them or you can go the route that some on here have, and make your own using a hard wood of some sort......Iroko maybe?

Anyway let me know if you want to go ahead......................

If not one pair still for sale folks T:
Is that because they have a low ET :*

It's a long wheel base A4 and i was told i possibly wouldn't need the wooden wedge cos i can squeeze the kids in through the sunroof :*

Sorry for all the questions but this is a lot of money we're talking about here and i just wanna be sure T:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
At least, I'm assuming it's a long nose????

How will i know if it's a long nose or short nose :*
Sorry I missed you post due to Battlebus being fatuous :rolleyes:

You will know by comparing the two side by side.

The long nose one is the one with the longer nose of the two. Conversely the short nose is the one with the altogether less impressive proboscis.

I would suggest trawling the local car parks until you can find an A4 with a slightly different nose to yours, then as I said before park up and compare.

Oh and watch out for green ones, as they are notoriously difficult to judge the size of ..........

If you are still in doubt post a pic of the two together, and we will endeavour to help :ILU:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is that because they have a low ET :*

It's a long wheel base A4 and i was told i possibly wouldn't need the wooden wedge cos i can squeeze the kids in through the sunroof :*

Sorry for all the questions but this is a lot of money we're talking about here and i just wanna be sure T:
CHRIST! I can't keep up with this........

Keith you're right it is a fair chunk but I am happy to answer your questions.

1. The Long wheel base will help Y:
  2. And you can squeeze the kids through the sunroof Y:
  3. But this can be a problem if they are eating Fish 'n' chips from the wrapper at the time :*
  4. I would still recommend the wedge, if only for safety's sake. They are your children we are talking about after all :*
  5. And yes ET is low (until he goes on that bike ride anyway) Rasp:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes and no BB, one pair is still for sale ;)

Oh and I was joking about the little red triangle by the way, I didn't click on that, I sent a PM to GoFerret instead.

I find that works much better. :D

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Thanks Alan, I do appreciate you're honesty T:

okay last few questions I:

Does my RIB Wedge have to be crash tested? I assume this involves banging a prototype wedge on the tarmac in front of a man at the VOSA station :*

Also I'm sure if the kids rub said fish and chips on them it would be easier to get in the sunroof :confused: We don't do greasy fish n chips here anyway, cholesterol in a bag don't appeal to me any more since my fitness drive on the FFF thread on the WFC. T:

I do like the sound of the indicator conversion but you hear all sorts of stories about dodgy conversions these day's it's hard to know who to trust:( Anyway, if your sure i won't have any problems then I'm probably going to be okay. I won't bother doing any further research as you sound like you know what your talking about T:

·
Registered
839 Posts
So, we've established that posting for sale ads in a technical thread upsets some people :(, so in effect if someone were to impose technical data in a for sale thread surely this would be a double negative thus returning the equilibrium to the matrix putting right the wrong of mankind.

Or am I drunk again? :*

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Alan, I do appreciate you're honesty T:

okay last few questions I:

Does my RIB Wedge have to be crash tested? I assume this involves banging a prototype wedge on the tarmac in front of a man at the VOSA station :*

Also I'm sure if the kids rub said fish and chips on them it would be easier to get in the sunroof :confused: We don't do greasy fish n chips here anyway, cholesterol in a bag don't appeal to me any more since my fitness drive on the FFF thread on the WFC. T:

I do like the sound of the indicator conversion but you hear all sorts of stories about dodgy conversions these day's it's hard to know who to trust:( Anyway, if your sure i won't have any problems then I'm probably going to be okay. I won't bother doing any further research as you sound like you know what your talking about T:
Right now Chippy if we concentrate we should be able to get this nailed down......

To take your recent points in order.

1) Your RIB wedge does have to be crash tested, but you are getting confused.
That is not the wedge you are looking for (Star Wars fans can do a Jedi finger thing here if they wish).
The wedge I was referring to was your Sandwhich ( easy golfers thats a food based pun).
This still needs to be thrown to the floor in front of a VOSA bod, but neither the banging nor the tarmac are compulsory.

2) Regarding the Fish 'n'chip thing.
Firstly I always assumed that bearing in mind your (previous?) shape that the Chippy in your forum name was grub based. But I suppose I should have worked it out because, bearing in mind my shape and forum name, I clearly don't eat a lot of hay! Maybe a change to T4Lettucebotherer or T4saladboy is in order?
Secondly I am dismayed that this misguided dietary nonsense is being applied to your otherwise innocent children. I am however unsure as to how relevant this is to a "Orange indicators for sale" thread ?

3) I am honest I am trustworthy, and I have done all the research for you, So......................

·
Registered
674 Posts
I Cant ***** believe i read all that! and wasted 10 minutes of my life.....

it's bad news this T4 disease.... i need help!

and ive got a set of the damn orangey things, i will take great pleasure in smashing them to smithereens first thing in the morning

Alan
SB

ps your ALL ********* NUTZ

21 - 40 of 50 Posts