VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have owned my Syncro ( M reg so 95 /6) for crikey for 4 years now and its been a joy. Bought it in a very standard form and now is totally sweet with tinted windows, alloys and a camper conversion allowing for family, surf board, kitesurfing and camping kit all at the same time (took a while to work it out so works really well). I have a blank key as well as an immobiliser key so if your heading to the water you dont knacker the immobiliser.

Benefits from Captains seats with arm rests that have always been covered so clean as, electric windows, mirrors, central locking and a tailgate (a must have as you all know). Being a caravelle you get the "sky Line" type lining inside with blowers in the rear middle row and back passengers ceiling as well. There is a floor heater as well that I beleive is independant ( never worked!) so could be replaced by Syncro Spares.

Middle seats fold down and are removable ( on mushrooms), rear 3 seats are bolted down also removable and have lap belts and 3 point seat belts either side.

I had some pretty pimp cushions made up in cornwall out of 4" foam that is all netted lined and swaithed in matt, vinyl so not sticky to lie on and water proof. These ARE NOT included in the sale but can be sold seperately.

The syncro option is great and gives 4 x 4 with lock diff option however it does reduce your MPG so I have removed the linkage (in the garage) and makes a good 5 MPG difference. The 2.5 engine has loads of torque and is 110bhp so travels really well and is pretty quick as it goes. The engine is totally reliable and made many family trips to Cornwall and daily use no problems at all.

Current miles - 133k
Professonal tinted windows - Full tint sides and back
18" Alloys in pics will sell with 17" RS4 reps, will post pics.
New clutch
Tensioner and cam belt done at 128 K
New exhaust a year ago.
New MOT so till Aug 2010
6 months Road Tax

I had the wheels arches re sprayed in Jan but the guy that did it didnt let the paint dry so has bubbled . Its going back in on the 14 Sept to get that sorted. T:

Apart from that a very worthy van in a great colour all for £3750.00 ovno
Vinyl cushions - £375.00

Will work out how to post pics as on my phone now.

Please call me at work on 01273 224 069 or 07875 167 427 [email protected]
Based in Sussex

Cheers All

Julius

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing the pics...what's the 'great' colour??:)

Steve

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Just taken a load of the inside so will post later and its a petrol.

Cheers

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts