VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have decided to sell my 20v turbo engine that is currently fitted to my t4.
I am selling everything in the conversion so straight fit to any t4 van.

The engine is a 1.8 20v turbo aum engine code for an Audi it has covered 78k
It runs on full Emerald stand alone ecu management system costing over £1000!
It has a powerful hybrid ko3s turbo charger producing 24psi
The engine is mapped to 265bhp (plenty ;-))
Her is a breakdown of whats included-
Complete 20v turbo engine with hybrid ko3s turbo charger
downpipe and exhaust modified for t4 vans (side exit)
Emerald ecu management system
Engine loom
large alloy race intercooler and all silicone pipework
Baileys dv26 dump valve
polished inlet
abf throttle body
330cc injectors
catch tank

Basically everything needed to put into another t4

The only thing not included is the gearbox as I'm currently only using a standard 1.9d t4 box but i need.

I have enjoyed many journeys and holidays in this van as a 20v turbo and it has been faultless and very fast.
It ran a 16.8 1/4mile at 88mph at santapod on its first run after they finished drying the track from snow! there was some wheel spin and i estimate the time could be improved greatly if track conditions improved and starting technique improved.

The engine can been seen running in my t4 however recently i fitted a new bottom end as i bent a con rod :-(
After refitting the engine and box and getting her running all seemed fine for a few days until i discovered some (mayo) oil and water mixing in the engine.
I am not sure the cause of this as when I rebuilt the engine everything was inspected and fine and a new head gasket was used.
I have a couple of theory's as to the cause of this-
one- knacked oil cooler (the oil cooler uses water to cool the oil just above where the oil filter sits these can be prone to going inside and cause water and oil to mix)
Second possibility I somehow overlooked something when rebuilding it but much to my annoyance i cannot work out what.
This could be an easy fix for someone with more time something of which i don't have alot of anymore. :-(
The price is £1200 it can be heard running and i can get it delivered on a pallet for an additional cost.
This really is an amazing set up with lots of power and all the hard work and maths done for it to fit a t4.
Thanks matt my number is 07825416926
Location is colchester essex

·
Registered
452 Posts
matt couple of questions
1 do you take payment by paypal or credit card
2 could you fit this aswell not for same price obviously
3 how serious could the mayo in oil be
cheers paul

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Paul
Paypal and bank transfer are both fine with me.
Personally i think the fix is easy as i have had that engine apart before it went in and everything was fine.

I think it is either the oil cooler or I've got something wrong somewhere with the turbo oil and water feed pipes.
My situation is that i am self employed and business has grown alot over this year meaning i have had less and less of my own time to do things,
When the conrod bent on the old block i took the engine out, removed the gearbox and head and turbo etc.. fitted all to the new block and fitted black into the van, this job normally would take me a week or less however because of work it took 4 months!!

After taxing the van and driving her about for a few days making sure everything was ok you can imagine how disappointed i was to find some oil/water mixing especially after 4 months work.

I now just don't have any spare time to even start to fix it even though it could be and probably is a simple fix.

Ive done many engine swaps and conversions before and full show car builds for both myself and customers to my business i like to think my knowledge of vw's and mechanics are very good. I am more than happy to help give any advise needed if you would like when fitting it also i have a full build thread and 100's and 100's of pictures.

I hope all this helps
All the best matt.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear about the conrod, not nice at all. Shame thaty you dont have the time to get her running again. :(

Now would you consider selling the Emerald ECU and bits in need to stick it on my van? (As much as I like the MBE it wasnt my choice)

Send us a PM if ya want.

Cheers
Tris

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi chap, i would really like it to all go as one that way it would save someone alot of time and hard work if they wwant to experiance the awsomeness of a 20v t4.
Im sure the problem is an easy fix as my friend pointed out there was no mayo when we stripped the new engine to go in so it must be something small and stupid that i have done when putting it together.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Matt

I would be interested in the Hybrid turbo if you do decide to break, is it from JBS ??
Can swap for a standard k03s of that helps at all.

Good luck with the sale anyway.

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im really looking to get things sorted with the van but time is just so limited at the mo, :-(

Other options I have been considering are-

selling the whole van as it is... or breaking for parts.

I would rather it goes as whole then someone can do a really easy fix and have an amazing t4 camper van!
I was originally going to sell her fully working taxed and mot'd for £12995ono However because of the engine fault i would consider much less and would accept sensible offers.

I really dont want to break her and would love for someone to buy it and fix the one problem and then get an awsome van and cheap!
Let me know if anyone is interested in the whole van.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
This is a link to see the van and some of the work.

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52681

It now sits onsatin black 16" mercedes amg alloys and has brand new bumpers and new polished stainless side bars instead of the body kit and chrome wheels,
Im my opinion are more sutble look not so garish.
offers welcome! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
hi, im very interested in this conversion your selling, just a couple of questions, what will i need to get to complete the swap to go with what u r selling, will this be a plug n play swap, do you think the engine will need splitting and change the headgasket again or is it just a case of fitting a new oil cooler and checking turbo pipes. also how much work needs doing to use my original gearbox its a 2.4d which i intend to swap 5th gear for a g60 one like you have done. cheers sorry for all the questions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts