VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered if anyone was hurt badly lookin at all the those thrown over the lip - ouch thats a heavy landing eh!!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The wedge is pretty much for body surfers and dick draggers.. can't believe the SUP at the end.. how dangerous did that guy look!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Remember that the Wedge is breaking in about 3-4ft of water. Anyone going for that is a nutter. The SUP rider is setting a whole new meaning to the word nutter!

Neck brace anybody? I:

The Lifeguards reckon on getting 6 or so spinal injuries a day on a big day! There is a permanent Paramedic/ER unit stationed by the wall. :eek:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I should get my kayak down there :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
That's awesomeH: Wish we had waves like that in Bournemouth! Went surfing yesterday for the first time in years yesterday at Saunton sands. Got the bug again - fingers crossed this new surf reef in Boscombe lives up to the hype

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
:( Dont rub it in too much then nbsurf ..... it gets worse just one left and a short right, lets hope for some winter swell or we keep invading the west country. Still its making a nice lagoon of the inshore water!!!!!!

Hows your playground been? Some awesome troughs down Trevone couple of weeks back if you didnt mind the worst rips I have fought against, still the better surfers enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
:( Dont rub it in too much then nbsurf ..... it gets worse just one left and a short right, lets hope for some winter swell or we keep invading the west country. Still its making a nice lagoon of the inshore water!!!!!!

Hows your playground been?
Sorry Boscombesurfer! I lived in Southbourne for 10 years and know what you mean about the frustrations of South Coast surf.
Just to make it worse we had a blinding wave yesterday at Puts, and forecast 4-5 foot clean today. We'll pick a good one and dedicate it to you! T:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hey Scott, hope all is well.

If the reef is ever finished it will not be too badly packed as i don't think the mentality with the locals is on par with the westcountry yet, but with the state of the south coast wave right now I was even talking SUP with the SAS guys in Bournemouth last week, still off to Kimmeridge at the weekend so fingers crossed. :ILU:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts