VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the time has come for the T4 1.9td TDI conversion cross over time as the crank end nose has been munched, are there any people on here in Cumbria/south done this? , i'm good mechanic wise but when it come's to being a auto sparky i'm in the dark age...cheers

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
I'm not an auto sparky mate, but managed with the help of Penbryn and the forum to get it sorted without too many problems. Grab the bull by the horns and go for it bud, its all about confidence and preparation T:T:T:T:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will Jim cheers, been looking at the golfs for the engine, is it any TDI golf from 94 to say 97 or will the newer engines fit?

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
AHU or 1Z is the best bet as its a relatively simple but you have to be careful to make sure youget one which has been mounted across the engine bay or you will be fabricating mounts. João has fitted a AGR engine and as far as im aware he is the only one, might be worth having a read on his thread T:T:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right going to see golf today ahu engined, is there a simple list been made on here about what to leave on the AHU engine and vise versa on the ABL if you know what i mean

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
Loads of information in my signature bud. I changed everything over from my ABL because i had to to get rid of the aircon gubbins. If yours hasn't got AC you really only need to change the sump and oil pickup pipe, the rest will work as it is T:T:T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts