VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
previously known as "cheekychappy84"
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a running problem with the conversion - it's the ahu/1z jobby. I've had a little search in excisting threads but can not see anything similar.

The problem i have is that when i'm driving in any gear and i take my foot all the way off the accelerator and then back on again there is a delay in power, a puff of smoke (not black) then it picks up power again? When i change into gear and initially accelerate it runs fine - only has a problem when i take foot off accelerator and back on??

I've unplugged air mass flow meter and test drove it but it's the same, i've also changed the turbo and it's still the same? Air filter has been changed also?

Other than this issue - it runs really well.

It looks as though 1 of my injecters may have a little leak - need a closer look?

I've tried my uncles basic handheld diagnostic tester with no codes - I' going to try my uncles new full VCDS (vag com) next week hopefully.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heading should read

1 for the TDI conversion gurus - Power delay the puff of smoke??

Doooh!!

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT

Before everyone goes to bed

Cheers

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still having running problems!

Contact cleaned the MAF sensor and did the cage mod, still having power loss? VCDS didn't bring up any faults in auto scan?

I think i will have a go at recording some outputs while driving to see if there are any obvious issues?

I kind of think it may be related to the accelerator? Where will i find relating sensors/connecters to check? Doesn't appear to be anything above or near the accelarator pedal?

Anybody aware of anyone in the south wales area who would be worth taking the van to who would be aware of the tdi conversion?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Penbryn is the TDi man in wales he may be able to help you out... Sorry I can't help... Trying to think what it could be - check if your throttle potentiometer is in the engine bay or connected to the pedal... Its a cylindrical black thing with a short cable/pulley and wires to ECU...

·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the reply Zimbo

Penbryn is in North Wales but i would seriously consider taking the van to him because it is doing my nut in ha ha

T:

·
Registered
335 Posts
the throttle pot is next to the pedal, and is inside the cab.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts