VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one of the many who rushed out and bought the go outdoors porch to use as a drive away awning, and couldn't have been happier especially with the price.. "But", always a but, when you drive away its not that pretty or secure so I thought I would adapt it some way with a gazebo side so I headed back down to go outdoors to see if they had some sort of clips to attach said item when I came across these which are the side walls for the 'hi gear Go family shelter' which has door opening, two windows and curtains all for £30. It also connects with the exact same clips as the awning uses. You can also buy just a solid side wall at £25. I bought the door version in the belief i would be bringing it straight back once i tried it as it would probably never fit but to my surprise and delight its almost perfect..
Me and the family are off tomorrow for four nights of camping so will report back on how we get on with it but am already alot happier in the thought of leaving stuff in the awning throughout the day whilst we are out and about. Only shame is that its not blue.
Before

After

Please excuse the fact I set it up in the back Garden to try it out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi great update. Thanks. Where do you get the original awning from?

Looks great. I must have missed that thread. :*

·
Registered
87 Posts
The "go outdoors" shop im guessing from the o.p, ive just been there lookin for camping bits only just joinedthe forum so havnt seen the thread for this, looks good

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
That's a really good tip mate ,i,m of to get one tommorrow .

Was considering making one ,now I dont have too ,cheers T:

What I was thinking of doing was fabricating two poles .one for each side ,above the roof ,to brace each frame for more rigidity,maybe telescopic ,with c clips to connect to the original frames.
Spud A:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just got mine A: thanks again for th heads up. :ILU: even with spending £30 on this I still have a drive away awing for under a ton -all good.

Cheers , Spud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts