VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i lent out my other half's focus v reg 1.8 diesel.

the lad had to do a emergency stop some Muppet pulled out in front of him and since then it wont start :confused:

i instantly thought of the emergency kill switch which would be activated in the event of a accident but cant find it :confused:

i know were it is on my mates t reg petrol focus. in a recess next to right foot drivers side but not on this one anyone know were it might be ? if it has one at all :confused:

if not any ideas why it wont start ? its turning over fine Ive and checked the belt just in case.

cheers
Andy

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Alot of newer cars are incorporating them into the ECU and need plugging in and resetting after an accident, not sure about your focus, ring your nearest ford dealer.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate got a mate comming over now with diag gear hopefully he can sort it :ILU:

but anymore info greatly apriciated

andy

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You could always scrap it and get another van?LOL:
or any vw try a golf LOL:LOL:

ps did he have anything heavy in the boot cause on my m8s focus he went a speed bump abit hard and it triggered a fuel cut off switch in the spare wheel well worth a check T:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
considering ive done nearly 200.000 miles in it and its the only thing to have ever gone wrong id say its as good as any vw in that respect so it wont be hitting the scrappy for a long while yet Rasp: and if it did id deffo replace it with another focus :D

as for the boot kill switch mate theres not one there. just been informed the diesel doesnt have a kill switch :confused: cant see why not.

·
Registered
408 Posts
because diesel is virtually impossible to ignite at normal temperature and pressure - the flash point of diesel is over 60C whereas petrol is about -40C so it's much less likely to burn if spilled.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nowt wrong with the Focus, I had one for 3 years from new and I did 125,000 mile in it with out a problem. It never did this thoughLOL:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Right help is at hand. My mate owns a Focus ST ground attack missile with 300 brake, I drove it once and it scared me...

He just happens to be a Ford Focus Owners Club member, as is his missus who now owns a Skoda!

Well my mate says the reset button is in the passenger footwell, it's about the size of your finger and requires pushing in to reset it.

I hope this helps...

Ian. :D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers lads much apriciated T: but the problem is still there :confused:

contacted main dealer they say its 90% not got a kill switch

ian ive looked both sides mate even pulled the plastic covers off the sides and defo no kill switch there mate. (st lucky fkr i want one :D )

im gna try bypassing the fuel filter tomorow and stick the fuel line direct into a fuel can under the bonnet and give it a good tow see if i can fire it up :gl

andy

·
Registered
81 Posts
hi mate im an rac man had one do this the other week it worked out to be something in the pump jammed up.
spoke to a mate who has a injection shop seems its a common fault hope this helpsT:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers mate was thinking of draging it down the road a mile or 2 and ringing the rac I:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts